Did you know we offer Yoga and Pilates classes here at Genesis Sport & Aquatics?
In addition to our great range of adult gym classes, Genesis Sport & Aquatics also offer Yoga and Pilates classes.
- Wednesday – 8:30am – 9:30am
- Wednesday – 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Why add Yoga Pilates to your fitness regime?
Yoga is an ancient Indian philosophy that dates back thousands of years and in these modern times, it’s widely popular as a gentle form of exercise and stress management. There are many different varieties of yoga, but each one essentially relies on structured poses (asanas) practiced with breath awareness. The benefits of Yoga are widely known and everyone from ballet dancers to football players enjoying this practice.
Other benefits include:
- increased flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone
- improved respiration, energy and vitality
- maintaining a balanced metabolism
- weight reduction
- cardio and circulatory health
- improved athletic performance
- protection from injury.
Why add Pilates to your fitness regime?
Pilates is a series of about 500 exercises inspired by calisthenics, yoga and ballet. Pilates lengthens and stretches all the major muscle groups in the body in a balanced fashion. It improves flexibility, strength, balance and body awareness.
The health benefits of Pilates include:
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and balance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- increased body awareness
- stress management and relaxation.
One of the best elements of Yoga and Pilates is that you can you enjoy the classes, no matter what level of fitness you currently are.
Yoga and Pilates are included as part of your “all inclusive” gym membership. Casual classes are also available.
If you’d like to know more about our Yoga or Pilates classes, or any other gym options, please contact us!